This is the post for the week of February 23, 2016.
Readings for the week of February 23
- Assignment for Project 3: Job Application Materials
- Proposal for Job Application Materials
- Project 3: Evaluation Section (what you propose for assessing your work)
- Additional resources for Project 3 (like info on LinkedIn)
- VT Career Planning Guide (skim the guide and use what applies to you)
- Information on résumés and cover letters and Chapter 10 of Markel
- Details on structuring proposals and Chapter 11 of Markel
Work for the week of February 23
Complete the quizzes on Chapters 10 and 11 by 11:59 PM on Monday, February 29. The grace period ends at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 2.
Respond to the Discussion on "Improving Networking Advice" by 11:59 PM on Monday, February 29. The grace period ends at 11:59 PM on Wednesday, March 2. Most of you are graduating seniors so you will probably work on something other than a traditional résumé and cover letter (as you are already busy with your job searches or already have jobs secured). This discussion post will help you begin thinking about the possibilities for building your professional network.
Begin conducting research for Project 3. Take time this week to explore the various resources on job application materials listed in the readings so that you can make an informed decision about what you will propose.
Start writing the proposal for your job application materials and submit it by 11:59 PM on Monday, March 14. Early submisssion is recommended if you are thinking of a job application project that might be unusual. Use the proposal instructions to know what information to include and how to submit your proposal.